On 01/05/2017 11:31 AM, Joakim wrote:
On Monday, 27 February 2017 at 17:08:26 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Thursday, 29 December 2016 at 09:16:58 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Sunday, 15 May 2016 at 11:09:01 UTC, Joakim wrote:
On Wednesday, 11 May 2016 at 19:07:10 UTC, Joakim wrote:
    [...]


I've put up three more builds, including ldc master, which uses the
latest 2.071 frontend.  Once I get JNI and the sample app working,
I'll make a proper announcement.

I've put up the latest native and cross-compiler ldc 1.1.0 beta
builds for Android, fresh from the master branch and using the 2.071
frontend:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases

I believe I've fixed the issue that was causing random crashes in the
sample apps, a regression from porting the NDK's C wrapper to D,
found by Vadim Lopatim.  I've added three sample apps that
demonstrate calling D code from JNI.

The sample C++ Teapot app from the NDK has been ported to D and
mostly works, including calling Java methods from D through JNI, but
I need to track down some other touch-related bugs from the port
before committing it.  I'm finishing up reggae files to make building
the sample apps very easy.  I'd like to write up the process to build
and use ldc natively on your Android mobile device, from the Termux
app, on the wiki.

Once those three are done, I'll create a new thread to properly
announce this beta; in the meantime, nothing will change with these
new beta builds, so try them out.

Piping hot builds of the upcoming ldc 1.1.1 release available as both
a linux/x64 -> Android/ARM cross-compiler and a native Android/ARM
compiler, that you can run on your own phone or tablet:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases

I finally spent some time tracking down that touch bug in the sample
Teapot app, think I know where it's coming from now, just need to fix it.

Based on the recent 1.2 release of ldc, new builds for Android are up:

https://github.com/joakim-noah/android/releases

Notice how small the patches for ldc are, now that kinke added support
for cross-compiling reals to lower-precision platforms, basically just a
few additions to the CMake script to cross-compile the standard library
left.  Only a single assert from the stdlib tests trips, a longtime
codegen issue in std.random that became visible now, and the entire
compiler dmd-testsuite passes.

I'll update the wiki, upload my remaining patches, post upstream PRs,
and finally clean up and put out that sample Teapot app, which shows
using JNI to call Java functions from your D app, this week.

Yay!

Reply via email to