Just reporting here that I was able to get a hello world working
using windows and UoW.
Some issues I had:
1. Had issues with outdated libraries. (ncurses, gcc, etc)
2. UoW Aniversary is based on Ubuntu 14, I was able to upgrade to
16.04 following online sources. Lots of snags but eventually
worked. (had to remove an file like
50unattended-upgrades.ucf-dist to get everything to finish
Basically search for solutions of each error online and
eventually one will work. If anyone does this they could document
it a bit better for others.
3. Installed android NDK without too much trouble.
4. Building with ldc2 works but must link with something like
-target armv7-none-linux-androideabi -no-canonical-prefixes
-fuse-ld=bfd -Wl,--fix-cortex-a8 -Wl,--no-undefined
-Wl,-z,noexecstack -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -fPIE -pie -mthumb
-Wl,--export-dynamic -lc -lm test.o lib/libphobos2-ldc.a
lib/libdruntime-ldc.a -o test
5. Push to android device and make sure to make executable or it
will fail silently(e.g., chmod 755 test). Install a terminal
Haven't tried more complex examples but all the hard work seems
to be paying off.