On Monday, 10 April 2017 at 12:10:41 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 08:39 +0000, Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d- announce wrote:
[…]

As far as I know the only build system that does this by default for D is reggae.

I will be adding a new builder to the SCons D tools to do whole source and per package compiling – to add to the module at a time compiling. It would be good to add this for CMake-D and the D support in Meson.

I am not buying the necessity of not-splitbuilding for optimizations yet. If that would be the case, how do optimizations work with projects using GCC/Clang where splitbuilding is the default and often only option (like Mesa, Linux, lots of scientific stuff).

Having some level of dub integration is Meson would be neat indeed - maybe one could make a small helper binary Meson can call to fetch things from the dub registry. I wonder though how that would jive with Meson's own subprojects/wrap system. Probably worth investigating.