On Mon, 2017-04-10 at 17:56 +0000, Matthias Klumpp via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> […]
> SCons is considered evil, last time I checked ^^ =>
> https://wiki.debian.org/UpstreamGuide#line867
> (unless it's used right, which seems to be hard) - I have no idea
> though on whether the issues with it were fixed, the entry on
> SCons hasn't been updated in a while.

Given that some of the "facts" there are actually wrong, I think we can
infer Debian people assume Autotools is all that is needed and are
uninterested in new things. SCons has supported sonames for a while,
for example.

Prejudice in these things, as in all things, tends to get reified and
become unalterable fact. This no longer worries me.

--
Russel.
Dr Russel Winder      t: +44 20 7585 2200   voip: sip:russel.win...@ekiga.net