On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 06:08:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
I will be presenting D as a time-saving tool at C++Now:

  http://cppnow.org/

I have to say it took me a very long time to come up with the title and the abstract. How could I sell D to C++ experts? Luckily, I asked Manu and among a long list of ideas he said "it's about saving time" and "time is money". How can you argue with that? ;)

Do you agree or disagree that D brings competitive advantage? Please let me know.

Safety (bounds checking, @safe, memory safety) is huge for debugging. You can probably steal a lot from Walters DConf Talk.

Compilation time, because a quick iteration of edit-compile-test is significant for productivity and really underrated.

C++ interop, so you can migrate from C++ to D in small steps and without building a C API bridge.

Little things C++ lacks because it is too old: A package manager, a standard string type.

Meta programming naturally, but "static if" might trail into discussions about concepts, so it is a little bit dangerous?