On Monday, April 10, 2017 23:08:16 Ali Çehreli via Digitalmars-d-announce
wrote:
> I will be presenting D as a time-saving tool at C++Now:
>
>    http://cppnow.org/
>
> I have to say it took me a very long time to come up with the title and
> the abstract. How could I sell D to C++ experts? Luckily, I asked Manu
> and among a long list of ideas he said "it's about saving time" and
> "time is money". How can you argue with that? ;)
>
> Do you agree or disagree that D brings competitive advantage? Please let
> me know.

They may yet make it into C++ in some form or another, but the lack of
ranges in C++ is one of the things that I find really frustrating when I
doing stuff for work. In particular, it's incredibly quick and easy to write
parsing code for stuff in D with Phobos, whereas it takes a lot more time
and effort to write it in C++. But just in general, I find that putting
stuff together in D is faster than using C++. C++ is very powerful, but it's
also quite clunky.

- Jonathan M Davis

      • Re: "C... David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: &qu... Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: "Compe... Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... qznc via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... qznc via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: "Compe... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: "C... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: &qu... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: &qu... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce