On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 06:08:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
I will be presenting D as a time-saving tool at C++Now:

  http://cppnow.org/

I have to say it took me a very long time to come up with the title and the abstract. How could I sell D to C++ experts? Luckily, I asked Manu and among a long list of ideas he said "it's about saving time" and "time is money". How can you argue with that? ;)

Do you agree or disagree that D brings competitive advantage? Please let me know.

Are you attending the conference?

Ali

Coming from C++, I think you can talk about compilation times first and the easiness of making a new program with dub (even with dependencies).

Because imho library integration and waiting for the compiler are the biggest pain points with C++, actually I'm not sure memory safety will make trench workers switch. Newer C++ almost erased leaks and memory errors if you follow it.
  • Re: "Competitiv... qznc via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... qznc via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d-announce
  • Re: "Competitiv... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
    • Re: "Compe... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
      • Re: "C... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: &qu... Guillaume Piolat via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d-announce
        • Re: &qu... Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d-announce
          • Re:... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
            • ... Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Ola Fosheim Grøstad via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) via Digitalmars-d-announce
              • ... Timon Gehr via Digitalmars-d-announce