On Tuesday, 11 April 2017 at 06:08:16 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
Do you agree or disagree that D brings competitive advantage? Please let me know.

Agree. There are different tradeoffs, obviously, and it won't suit all use-cases, but the ability to iterate fast through highly performant and provably correct code is very striking.

If you manage your compile-time generics well -- i.e. using them to generalize for use cases that you definitely have, rather than premature generalization -- you can get a lot of power out of this that really helps with _effective_ code re-use.

Compile time checks, contracts, and easy built-in unittests all make a big help in being able to make changes to code while maintaining confidence in its correctness -- again, making it faster to get things done.

And the simple clarity of the syntax really helps compared to, say, C++. It's much easier to write and much easier to read and understand. So, once again, it's easier to move fast.

Are you attending the conference?

Not C++Now, I'm afraid.  But will we see you at DConf? :-)