On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 at 20:46:33 UTC, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 April 2017 at 18:09:54 UTC, Thomas Brix Larsen wrote:
"Cap’n Proto is an insanely fast data interchange format and capability-based RPC system. Think JSON, except binary. Or think Protocol Buffers, except faster."

This is the initial public release of my optimized port of the Java implementation of Cap'n Proto.

* Passes Cap'n Proto testsuite.
* Optimized. Just a little slower than the official C++ implementation (see benchmarks on github).
* Missing RPC part of Cap'n Proto.

Great Job!

I'm following Cap'n Proto, and it's very very interesting...
I would love also the RPC part, maybe based on Vibe... have you any plan to implement that?

I'm really curious to try it!

Well personally I have no need for the RPC part. Though if it gets added to the Java implementation of Cap'n Proto I will probably port it.

The D implementation works well. I developed it for a hobby project. Game server in D. Client in Unity. At work we have been using the C++ Cap'n Proto for IPC for a while. Recently we have also started using the D implementation for configuration files.