On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 18:09:54 Thomas Brix Larsen via Digitalmars-d-
announce wrote:
> "Cap’n Proto is an insanely fast data interchange format and
> capability-based RPC system. Think JSON, except binary. Or think
> Protocol Buffers, except faster."
>
> This is the initial public release of my optimized port of the
> Java implementation of Cap'n Proto.
>
> State:
> * Passes Cap'n Proto testsuite.
> * Optimized. Just a little slower than the official C++
> implementation (see benchmarks on github).
> * Missing RPC part of Cap'n Proto.
>
> http://code.dlang.org/packages/capnproto-dlang
> https://github.com/ThomasBrixLarsen/capnproto-dlang

LOL. Oh, I remember a coworker bringing up this library. It's the one that
the site claimed was infinitely faster than protocol buffers (IIRC, because
of some work that protocol buffers does that Captain Proto skips entirely).

- Jonathan M Davis