On Wednesday, 19 April 2017 at 16:34:02 UTC, Jay Norwood wrote:
[...]

This info from stackoverflow also seems to imply that MappedByteBuffer would be required for some of the capnproto features. So, could you explain a little more about what are the capabilities of the current d library implementation, with just the ByteBuffer implemented from the java nio code? Thanks, Jay

[...]

The port of ByteBuffer just wraps a slice when reading in D.

Take a look at FileDescriptor[1]. It is a class I've added to support read/write using File from std.stdio. You can create a similar streamer using std.mmfile. I believe that this would be enough for memory mapped reading.

[1]: https://github.com/ThomasBrixLarsen/capnproto-dlang/blob/master/source/capnproto/FileDescriptor.d