On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 19:32:11 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 07:23:42PM +0000, Jack Stouffer via Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 18:06:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> I fear the conversation will go like this, like it has for > me: > > N: DCompute
>  W: What's DCompute?
>  N: Enables GPU programming with D
>  W: Cool!
> > instead of: > > N: D-GPU
>  W: Cool! I can use D to program GPUs!

This was literally what happened to me when I saw the headline.

I confess the first conversation was also my reaction when I saw the name "DCompute". I thought, "oh, this is some kind of scientific computation library, right? That comes with a set of standard numerical algorithms?". Programming GPUs did not occur to me at all.

Same with me.