On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 19:23:42 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 18:06:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I fear the conversation will go like this, like it has for me:

 N: DCompute
 W: What's DCompute?
 N: Enables GPU programming with D
 W: Cool!

instead of:

 N: D-GPU
 W: Cool! I can use D to program GPUs!

This was literally what happened to me when I saw the headline.

Same here ...

DCompute may be a established term in that specific community but most other people do not pay attention to it. Yet, its a massive feature for any programming language, that is frankly being obscured by its naming.

While D-GPU may not be the most accurate term, as people may assume its about graphical programming, marketing and accuracy are not exactly the same. But that can be solved with later having D-DirectX, D-OpenGL...