On 5/30/17 3:23 PM, Jack Stouffer wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 May 2017 at 18:06:56 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
I fear the conversation will go like this, like it has for me:

 N: DCompute
 W: What's DCompute?
 N: Enables GPU programming with D
 W: Cool!

instead of:

 W: Cool! I can use D to program GPUs!

This was literally what happened to me when I saw the headline.

I'm in the same camp, and I have a passing familiarity with the domain. Worse, only one day after the talk I'd already forgotten and thought DCompute does what DHDL does.

It seems there are two paths - either choose an unrelated name and push it as a brand (e.g. Amazon, Google, and in our community Phobos or Vibe), or choose a name that immediately establishes the library as "the D approach to GPGPUs". The name "DCompute" is in an unfortunate corner of the branding space.