On Monday, 24 July 2017 at 22:15:16 UTC, Moritz Maxeiner wrote:
One thing to watch out for, though, is that if the D frontend starts using features introduced after its conversion to D, we are going to need to explicitly document the bootstrapping path (right now it's still simple enough with `C++ compiler -> D compiler with 2.068.2 frontend (e.g. ldc 0.17.x) -> Latest D compiler`).

We're using the latest previous major release line to build releases, so 2.068.x build 2.069.x, builds 2.070.x, ..., builds 2.075.0. You might get away with skipping versions, but that's not how the releases were built. Bootstrapping the compiler to run on new architectures requires cross-compliation, but it's less of an interest than cross-compiling for a different architecture.