On 7/20/2017 12:19 AM, Patrick Schluter wrote:
version 2.067 that still had the C++ frontend took more than 100 seconds. I think if the backend is translated to D, building the compiler will take not more than 2 seconds. To put it in perspective, building gcc with only C and C++ support takes around 15 minutes on my machine and clang+llvm is ridiculously slow to compile with not far from 1 hour compilation. Ok, these projects are much, much bigger but that doesn't change the fact that C++ is slow to compile.

DMC++ takes about 15 seconds to do an optimized build of itself on my old Windows XP machine. (Of course, it doesn't use STL, or any templates for that matter. The code predates templates.)