On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 at 19:46:55 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
A previous game implementation in D would be interesting and if you do it you are welcome to write your about experiences here. It's hard to say what features you would take advantage in D as I haven't seen the code in C/C++. However, one thing is clear D would be an easy port because it is so close to C/C++. Every algorithm can be ported directly without any bigger change. If it would Rust you would probably have to rethink some of the data structures and it would be more difficult. Another thing that is clear is that productivity would be high. With today's fast machines and old games you don't have to worry about any GC pauses as there is plenty of time for that. You can basically use the slow "scripting language" features of D. I would expect that D is in the C# ball park in productivity for such task.

Thanks for the information. Yes I am thinking about doing it but at the same time I wonder if it's worth (technically speaking) port those games.

I'll analyze if there's any part that could take the advantage of some D features that lacks in C/C++.

Matheus.