I believe so. I've never used OpenAL so it may have additional restrictions with multithreading, but from a simple "This function is only ever executed on one thread at a time", your above suggestions should work.

Apologies for the late reply.

No worry and thank you. I found the low-lock pattern on my own, digging more info. Smart pattern! I put the synchronized function in front of the function. The problem with multithreading, is the difficulty to verify that it works fine :) But now the topic streams away from static constructor :) Cheers