On Friday, 25 October 2013 at 13:30:54 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Friday, 25 October 2013 at 13:23:46 UTC, Daniel Davidson wrote:
What I'm missing, and apparently others in the original thread, is a way to run tests selectively. It is difficult to do with unittest because they are not named. If there were a way to annotate the test and pull them out that way it would be great. Can it be done?

You can completely re-implement default test by using runtime hook http://wiki.dlang.org/Runtime_Hooks ("_d_unittest" should do AFAIK)

Pretty sure this is what I'm doing. Only I did not know you could UDA a unittest.

In that runner you can manually get all unittest blocks in the program as functions using __traits(getUnittest). One can make any custom decisions for running specific unittest blocks based on User-Defined Attributes attached to it.

Any samples of how to use __traits(getUnittest,...). I might be able to work as you suggest if I can get this to work.

Benefit of this approach is that the very same tests remain runnable in traditional out-of-the-box way if you don't use that library runner.

I remember Jacob Carlborg doing some experiments in that direction but did not track any further progress.