On Saturday, 12 July 2014 at 19:01:56 UTC, Danyal Zia wrote:
Hi,

I noticed that in Andrei's talks and his book, he used braces on the same line of delcaration, however Phobos and other D libraries I know use braces on their own line. Now I'm in a position where I need to take decision on coding style of my library and I get accustomed to use braces on same line but I'm worried if that would make my library less readable to other D users.

Should I worry about it? Or is that's just a debatable style that won't really matter if it's persistent throughout library?

Thanks

Pick one and stick with it. There are countless holy wars out there about this sort of thing and it is really a personal choice.

Generally it's a good idea to follow the style of extant code if you are working on large project and I do feel that coding teams should pick a style all the code from that group should use the same style.