On 07/13/2014 06:45 PM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d-learn wrote:

Two consequences of adapting myself to Phobos style were that I realized
(i)how little most of these things really matter,  and (ii) pretty much
any stylistic choice carries both benefits and drawbacks.

Wrong. There are things which are simply bad ideas.

E.g. in this case, "Egyptian"-style braces definitely make your code
more compact,

I.e. you see where everything is.

but separate-line opening braces definitely make it easier
to see where scopes begin and end.

This is the only argument I have heard in favour of doing this, but it is not actually valid. This critique might apply to Lisp style.