On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 18:11:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 4/26/2014 4:57 AM, Dicebot wrote:
Necessity to define namespaces for
interfacing with C++ must not result in usage of namespaces of pure D code.

Why?

I don't see much of any use for namespaces in pure D code, though I could be surprised.

If namespaces would give some astounding advantage, we would have already seen it in C++. We don't want D to become another C++ with millions of ways of doing the same thing, do we? Modules have served us well enough.

Put another way, we don't need namespaces "in the D language", but we do need the ability to call C++ as easily as if they were "in the D language". From the above comments, it looks like it would be trivial.