On Tuesday, 29 July 2014 at 01:35:30 UTC, Orvid King wrote:
How accessible is it possible to make the labels?

As far as I can see one needs admin access to the repo to define new labels. Merge access is not enough - at least I don't seem to be able define new label for Phobos.

Can they be made semi-publicaly editable like bugzilla's?

Most likely it is same as with issue labels (when you have GitHub issues enabled) - admin can define set of labels, anyone with merge access can add labels from the list to pull requests, everyone else can only view labels and search based on them.

Also, could we default to having an awaiting review label for new PRs? Perhaps even have them sorted to be at the top by default?

All pull request are awaiting review by default ;) We should instead have labels marking those that can't be reviewed for some reason - being it a decision block, pending dependency merge or missing author.