On Thursday, 22 September 2016 at 07:14:52 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

It's not so simple. The UFCS operator overload could be declared in a different module from the type itself. Then there is no guarantee that it will be found. Multiple calls to the same template function with the same argument types may result in different semantics, depending on what was imported.

I mean (in terms of your example) that in `main` before instantiate an `algorithm` we parse all symbols visible at this point from `main`, select all possible symbols which can be called with `UserType` (including templates, meh o_O), make the set union for the such table for the rest templates params, and give this symbol table the `algorithm`.

But yes this creates problem that in different module we can have different instantiation :(

Probably with other radical approach (see bellow *) for generic we can solve this, but this just destroy true templates (from which we benefits now) and provide something like Java-like solution :(

* radical approach for generic: each generic function creates a pseudo parameter for function pointers on the base of signature of function used in the body of generic. The caller of generic just fill this pseudo parameters with real function visible for caller at call-point.