On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 09:50:35 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 06:30:15 UTC, Namespace wrote:
On Tuesday, 18 October 2016 at 02:54:08 UTC, Manu wrote:
I just want to be able to pass an rvalue to a function that receives a const ref... that's why I came to this forum in the first place like,
7 years ago. 7 years later... still can't.

I recently wrote a PR for p0nce D idioms, which shows how you can do that
https://github.com/p0nce/d-idioms/pull/119

there is a huge difference between "i can hack around it" and "i can do it".

True. ;) It's like the static-array-without-length-and-gc hack. You can do it with language constructs but it's inconvenient. So it's up to Walter and Andrei to decide if this inconvenience is bearable or not.