On Monday, 17 October 2016 at 13:02:20 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
I would say the better attitude to have is that you may not expect results to always go your way, and put out your best effort. If it doesn't work, that's the way it is, move on to something more interesting and/or satisfying.

Also, consider the creator of C++'s recent 0/3 track record of getting his proposals into C++17:

I was surprised that even his scaled-back UFCS proposal didn't get in:

Note the comments after the OP there: he wants full UFCS but will settle for at least one-way. I guess even that didn't get in.