On Thursday, 19 October 2017 at 02:08:13 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
I can easily think of a dozen extensions to D, that need to be part of the standard library or extended library of D, like DCompute, mir-algorithm, ...

Yes, well we sponsor mir-algorithm, and would like to sponsor dcompute too, but I haven't had any time. And I think it would be by far premature for them to be in Phobos, because the consequence of raising the bar for quality in Phobos has been that it stifles the growth of new things. Mir itself was originally in Phobos experimental and Ilya asked for it to be withdrawn, for that very reason.

The situation is similar for DCompute with the added constraint that it works exclusively with LDC and has only very recently reached a state of being usable. Development is sporadic due to my available time.

Laeeth, I'll be quite busy for the next couple of weeks so there's no need to hurry.