On Thursday, 19 October 2017 at 08:36:55 UTC, Ecstatic Coder wrote:

I agree. I had this mindset once, but now I'm completely demotivated, and you now know because of what and who.

Well it happend to me too... I turned to Windows after my first experiences with linux and freebsd in the nineties..

Took me a good decade to visit them again...

Today FreeBSD is always my first choice.

Go figure. (took a lot of effort on my part, to learn how to do things though. And thank to all the 'contributors' that helped make that easier for me.

This revert back to open source only happened, because I corrected my expectations. They were too high initially. And I had to learn 'how to learn', rather than just expect.

I was just saying that the advice on the above post, asking people to stop using Windows and use FreeBSD etc, is not what Windows scripters need and want.

You might remember that I intentionally prefaced that post with "don't take my response too seriously...but..."

Did you skip that line, perhaps?

btw. What is it, that a Windows scripter, needs and wants and doesn't already have?

That's not an attack btw. I am genuinely interested, as there are so many better, all encompassing solutions to such a problem (on the Windows platform). e.g Powershell... and even..dare I say it... python...ooohhhh.....

Don't forget D was 'specfically' designed to be a better C/C++ ...that is it's origin. That's the audience it specifically targets.

It's not designed to give people a better experience scripting on the Windows platform (or any other platform for that matter), and it certainly does not target such an audience.