On 2/4/2018 12:15 PM, bpr wrote:
Personally I agree that BetterC isn't a good alternative for C programmers. Sure, you get some benefits of D, but you will lose many benefits of C

Which benefits of C are lost?

I'll chime in a bit on that. I recently converted the Digital Mars C++ front end from C to D. Using BetterC, I was able to do it one function at a time. I.e. I'd convert one function, run the test suite to ensure I didn't make a mistake, rinse, repeat.

I didn't see any benefits lost.

The main downside was that I had to have two sets of headers (.h and .di) until the conversion was complete, and the .h files could be deleted.