On Friday, 2 February 2018 at 15:06:35 UTC, Benny wrote:
I am sure there will be lots of opinions regarding this post but its suffice to say that my decision to go with Go ( no pun intended ) is finally. I hope this final post is some indication of the issues that have plagued my decision process.

Thanks for the detailed post. I'm an old C/C++ guy (got started with C++ back in the cfront days), and have been kicking the tires on D recently. The poor state of libraries is something that may push me away from D as well. In my case, need opencl and crypto libs. The opencl package in dub is a crude wrapper around the original C API. I couldn't find any sha lib, so I've started porting a reference sha3 implementation from C.

I, like you, may end up jumping off the ship though. I've done a bit of work with golang before, so maybe I'll take another look at it. The opencl bindings aren't much better, but there are ready-made sha3 libs I can use instead of porting from C.