On Thursday, 8 February 2018 at 15:29:08 UTC, Ralph Doncaster wrote:
On Wednesday, 7 February 2018 at 22:31:58 UTC, John Gabriele wrote:
I'm not sure how long dub has been around, but having an easy to use CPAN-alike (online module repo) is HUGE. Dub is great for sales. The better dub and the repo gets, the more attractive D gets.

I completely agree that the availability of libraries is a huge factor. I almost gave up on D because of the limited amount of 3rd party libs.
I think just improving the search function would help.
http://code.dlang.org/search?q=keccak
Comes up with nothing, so I started porting a sha3/keccak lib from C to D. Then someone pointed out botan has sha3 support, which can be found if you search for "crypto"
http://code.dlang.org/search?q=crypto
The opposite situation you may see, when searching for mysql:

You will get 9 packages listed. Which should I take?
If you click on everyone, you will realize, that some of them are forks of other. And the version number of mysql-native at the top, just recently increased so strong, that it makes a different. The minimum additional information which should be listed - I think - is the number of downloads and GitHub stars.

I know that there is work behind the scene to find some kind of weighted sort, this would be cool, but just displaying the GitHub voting might help a lot.