On 02/09/2018 03:52 AM, Kagamin wrote:
On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 08:44:31 UTC, Nick Sabalausky (Abscissa) wrote:
On 02/09/2018 03:42 AM, Kagamin wrote:

Nested comments are superficial though,

Not if you've ever commented out a block of code.

Comment this:

'kay:

// string sedArg="s/ +/ /";

Don't see how that's remotely as common as "*/" in a C-style-comments codebase or commenting out something at the sub-statement level, like a function argument, type modifier or sub-expression, but hey, I guess if you have instances of that all over most functions in your codebase, then, yea, I guess disabling code with /+ +/ would be pretty nasty.

Comments don't respect even lexical structure of commented code that you expect, version(none) does.

Uhh, you do know that IS nesting, right? And that it fails in far more cases than /+ +/ does? And is far less widely supported by editors? And that it DOES nest? And also that it nests?