On Friday, 9 February 2018 at 18:13:08 UTC, Russel Winder wrote:
On Fri, 2018-02-09 at 16:10 +0000, Seb via Digitalmars-d wrote:

[…]
Dub is not dead, it just has limited resources.

So , if the D community want Dub to work as a build system as well as a package manager, extend the resources by corralling the grumblers and support them into fixing code and creating pull requests.

I already but my limited resources into real and _merged_ pull requests for actual bugs at dlang/dub Please if you have ideas to motivate the grumblers to do so as well, act!

Whilst grumbles on the email list are not turned into evolution of Dub, the D ecosystem does progress.

Yes, we are making progress. With more people contributing, things would go a lot faster though ...

An example, remember how code.dlang.org looked in 2016?

https://web.archive.org/web/20160129060825/http://code.dlang.org/

(apart from the design - compare the number of packages with the number it has today)