> that doesn't help anyone who's actually reading the documentation and trying
> to find stuff that way

how about the following fix for that:
having a DDOC token on a package.d to indicate merging the submodules
in the documentation, eg:

```
/// MERGE_SUBMODULES
std/aglorithm/package.d
```

when user browses to https://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm.html, he
would see the DDOC contents from all direct submodules of
std/aglorithm/ right there in that ddoc page.