Andy,

You said:

> FeldHell or whatever isn't an option.  Its not on/off keyed - quite
> intentionally - and FSK Hell needs more setting up than RTTY.

In it's simplest form Feld Hellschreiber IS on/off keyed! That's the way Rudolf
Hell did it back in 1929.

I seem to remember a dos program from years ago that simply toggled either a
serial port bit (or parallel port bit) and you could use that to drive a simple
transmitter.

Nowadays as most people don't have either serial or parallel ports on their
computer, the sound card is the most accessible port and by constructing a
simple threshold detector switch you could achieve the same result.

73

Sholto
K7TMG