>>>AA6YQ comments below

-----Original Message-----
From: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com [mailto:digitalra...@yahoogroups.com]on
Behalf Of IMR
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 9:09 AM
To: digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [digitalradio] Re: Direct RTTY Generation

OK Tnx...

found the COM port output facility and got it working on a Desktop with a
proper COM1. But when I tried a USB COM port - as suspected it wouldn't work
directly. On trying the EXTFSK option, it just comes back with a message
that says "Can't Configure EXTFSK"
Downloaded the latest MMTTY version 1.66G, just to make sure.

>>>In your MMTTY folder (the one that contains the file mmtty.exe), is the
file extfsk.dll present?

What I'm not sure about, if EXTFSK is set as the data output option, how
does the software know which USB Comport is to be used for its output of the
data - if that makes sense :-)

>>>When you configure MMTTY to use EXTFSK for FSK output, an EXTFSK window
appears that lets you select the serial port, as well as the serial port pin
(TxD, RTS, DTR) that will be used to generate the FSK signal.

   73,

       Dave, AA6YQ