I had one that looks exactly like that though it was sold under another name,
and I could not decode 300baud packet at all with it. When used to play back
recordings of very weak EME CW all I could hear was band noise.

I did try it on my Echolink node for a bit with no apparent problems. So my
opinion is that while these cheap USB sound devices may work fine for normal
computer audio they are not a good idea at all for digital modes. You may not
even realize why it isn't working, or what weak signals you are missing.

Julian, G4ILO