Well, that isn't my experience. Regardless of the chip set used, it's the
entire product including the drivers that will determine the performance.

My suspicion is that these devices run at a fixed sampling rate, and that
resampling to the rate requested by the software is carried out by the drivers.
Resampling can be done accurately, at high CPU cost, or less accurately but
more quickly. Any resampling is undesirable, but its effect may not be very
noticeable with the slower digital modes because if a weak signal doesn't
decode you may think that's just because it is weak.

Personally I don't think it is worth economizing in this area. And no, I don't
have shares in SignalLink.

Julian, G4ILO