lør, 14 08 2010 kl. 13:57 +0000, skrev g4ilo:

> I had one that looks exactly like that though it was sold under another name,
> and I could not decode 300baud packet at all with it. When used to play back
> recordings of very weak EME CW all I could hear was band noise.
>
> I did try it on my Echolink node for a bit with no apparent problems. So my
> opinion is that while these cheap USB sound devices may work fine for normal
> computer audio they are not a good idea at all for digital modes. You may not
> even realize why it isn't working, or what weak signals you are missing.
>
> Julian, G4ILO

In my experience most of the inexpensive USB sound devices I have tested
contains either the C-media, "USB Headphone Set" or "USB Audio Codec"
chip sets, all three yields a signal to noise+signal span of at least
100dB (I've seen as high as 112dB). In any case they are more than good
enough for the most demanding digital modes - even EME!

Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

** Genius is one per cent inspiration, **
** and ninety-nine per cent            **
** perspiration.                       **
**               -- Thomas A. Edison   **
email: peter(no-spam filler)@frenning.dk
http://www.frenning.dk/oz1pif.htm
Ph. +45 4619 3239
Snailmail: