Hi!

On 18.10.2016 23:00, Aldalbahi, Adel wrote:

> 00:19.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network
> Connection (rev 04)
>     Subsystem: Dell Device 052c
>     Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 29
>     Memory at f7d00000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
>     Memory at f7d39000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
>     I/O ports at f080 [size=32]
>     Capabilities: <access denied>
>     Kernel driver in use: e1000e

Uh-oh. You've got the only malfunctioning Intel gigabit ethernet
controller known to mankind :( It is known to drop packets sometimes.
You must use a different one :(

> Marcus,
> when I unplug the RX dautherboread from the  USRP or block the
> photodetector  and run the flow graph i get the same BER mentioned
> above i.e 0.007... how can this be possible even if there is nothing
> at receiver to compare with?  I totally agree with you there is no
> perfect results in real world but I think the BER block should react
> at least when blocking path. do you still agree with me that there is
> something wrong with the flow graph and not the network?
No. The network is 100% broken when you see a single "D".

I don't know about the BER sink, this might be a separate issue, but as
long as packets are dropped, every effort on your side to optimize
transmission is in vain.

Best regards,
Marcus