On 08/11/2018 05:39 PM, Robert Krawitz wrote:
On Sat, 11 Aug 2018 17:18:48 -0400, e...@vivaldi.net wrote:
There is also a driver named hp-deskjet_3520_series-hpijs.ppd
available, but in trying that, not only did the footers still not
print, but the headers did not print either. In the printer listing,
there is an entry for the 3520 E-All-In-One, but it uses the same
ppd file as the standard (recommended) 3520 entry.
Sounds like the margin declared in the PPD file is wrong.

If you do print and select the page setup tab, do you have an option
for margins?  You may want to try to set wider margins.

Headers and footers printed in LibreOffice, single-sided, I did not
see an option for double-sided printing. Web browser headers and
footers print closer to the top and bottom edges of the paper, than
where LibreOffice prints them.
I'm pretty sure the option for double sided is there; I just don't
recall where off the top of my head.

The only place where I see an option for margins is in the Chrome/Chromium/Vivaldi print settings. Once this is changed to Custom and I drag the bottom margin closer to the edge of the paper, the footers displayed in the Print Preview window, then disappear. They only reappear if I move the margin back to its default setting or above the location of the footers.

In the regular Linux print dialog, the Page Setup tab offers no options for margins or footers.