I just installed the latest Authoxy, version 3.2, and it seems that it has a lot more problems than the previous version, 3.1.2. Anybody else noticed this?
Almost every time I would bring up Dashboard with maybe a dozen of widgets, each of which had to open an Internet connection, Authoxy would stop creating new processes and would refuse connections. I then have to manually stop Authoxy and restart it. Or, whenever my RSS reader would poll the 2 dozens or so of feeds I have, Authoxy 3.2 would just choke and would report "Fatal Error: Unable to create new process". Sometimes, it's "Fatal Error: Unable to create new process. Errno: Resource temporarily unavailable". I had those errors in the past with version 3.1.2 but not on a regular basis as what I did experience today with version 3.2. Anybody else? That is very annoying to the point that I wrote a little script that open an internet connection every 10 seconds or so to check if Authoxy is responding and reports with a text-to-speech message saying that Authoxy is not working anymore. But still, that is annoying. Is there anything I can do to prevent those errors? Thanks in advance! Otherwise, one of the most useful utility I have. It's a shame that Apple won't include the ability to enter your proxy user ID and password right in the network preference pane... -Laurent. -- ============================================================================ Laurent Daudelin AIM/iChat: LaurentDaudelin <http://nemesys.dyndns.org> Logiciels Nemesys Software mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] MicroDroid: n. [Usenet] A Microsoft employee, esp. one who posts to various operating-system advocacy newsgroups. MicroDroids post follow-ups to any messages critical of Microsoft's operating systems, and often end up sounding like visiting Mormon missionaries. See also astroturfing; compare microserf.