wrt Streamwatcher no... answered it itself.

Bruce Stephens wrote:
Do you think Streamwatcher (OSX) will do the job?
Have you used it? Doesn't seem to hive
http://www.eloquentsw.com/streamwatcher.html
Doesn't seem to offer packet breakdown.
Testing now...

Etherpeek at $995 is ridiculous.
exdump from the Linux world would work if I can build it under OSX.
Bruce.

Heath Raftery wrote:
In Step 2 the proxy should respond with "HTTP/1.x 407" to specificy that authentication is required. It would be great to see the network traffic at this point, but that's a bit of work on your side if you haven't done it before. Is it possible the proxy *doesn't* require authentication?
I'll see what I can do to trace this section... not sure how at this
stage... There are various Unix tracing utilities... see what I can find.

Heath

Regards,
Bruce.