From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Sam Collett
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 7:30 AM
To: jQuery Discussion.
Subject: [jQuery] When / how did you find out about jQuery?

I've used it since at least January 2005 (at least that was the first
time I emailed John about a bug when he was first working on it), but
not as much as I do now.

I first found out about his coding skills when following the addEvent
coding contest (QuirksBlog -
http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/coding_techniques/contest/index.html
)
- which he won of course. Incidentally, jQuery doesn't use his winning
code, but Dean Edwards' code (with a few modifications) and doesn't
even use the W3c (or Microsoft's) method of adding events.

You could still select elements by a CSS expression and do basic
manipulation on the results (filtering, toggling, adding class names,
adding content etc), and attach (but not execute) events as well as
create plugins. It was also under an 'Attribution, Share Alike
License' and contained no indication of SVN revision (it may not have
even been under source control for all I know).

It is bigger and better since then and from a glance over the source,
pretty much a rewrite too.