Sam Collett schrieb:
> I've used it since at least January 2005 (at least that was the first
> time I emailed John about a bug when he was first working on it), but
> not as much as I do now.
>
> I first found out about his coding skills when following the addEvent
> coding contest (QuirksBlog -
> http://www.quirksmode.org/blog/archives/coding_techniques/contest/index.html)
> - which he won of course. Incidentally, jQuery doesn't use his winning
> code, but Dean Edwards' code (with a few modifications) and doesn't
> even use the W3c (or Microsoft's) method of adding events.
>
> You could still select elements by a CSS expression and do basic
> manipulation on the results (filtering, toggling, adding class names,
> adding content etc), and attach (but not execute) events as well as
> create plugins. It was also under an 'Attribution, Share Alike
> License' and contained no indication of SVN revision (it may not have
> even been under source control for all I know).
>
> It is bigger and better since then and from a glance over the source,
> pretty much a rewrite too.

I found out about it sometime in January this year when playing around
with Feedpile, which was using jQuery as well (by the way - whats going
on with Feedpile? The site is down for month...).

I then realized too that it was written by the man who won the addEvent
contest and thought that jQuery therefore must be a good thing.

Until then I used a document.getElementsBySelector function which was
written - I think - by Simon Willison and so I was immediatly convinced
by jQuery's advanced selector capabilities.

So when it was time for the Plazes relaunch (March this year) I took the
chance and decided to use jQuery instead of Prototype or Mochikit,
because of its size and because of the compact code one could write with it.

That was Revision 29! After all it was maybe a little dangerous because
it was in a early beta stage to that time. But all things worked out well...

-- Klaus