...that are making suggestions to the structure of a website that are bad and
will screw everything up?

I'm currently working on a project for a smaller website (with a tight budget).
I've done a couple of workshops and have had some discussions with the clients
project group to come up with a working information structure for the site.
Everything came together and we agreed on a structure. The problem aroused when
the project leader showed the structure for his boss (who is v-e-r-y
determined) and the boss insisted that one specific group of information had to
be in the top-navigation (I had placed it one level down with other related
material).

My problem is that the boss is in a position to veto pretty much everything
and/or the project manger is not strong enough to stand up to his boss in these
matters. So even if I get the project group to agree that we can't change the
structure to accommodate the boss' suggestion (which shouldn't be a problem)
I'm not sure that they can convince the boss.

Have any of you been in a similar situation or do you have any suggestions on
how to resolve the issue? I'm thinking about talking to the boss and see if I
have more luck convincing him, but somehow I feel it won't be worth the effort.
(Had I had more time/money I would have done user-tests to show that the idea
is indeed bad)

Regards

Björn