Adam,

In my own case, yes, the degree has been extremely valuable. However, I went to grad school directly after undergrad. It was a natural continuation of my design training. Others find it useful because they are switching to design from some other background. For a designer with many years of experience in the field, I would expect it to be unnecessary. That said, you will get out of grad school what you put in. If all you expect is a piece of paper, you'll likely get it. If, however, you go in with a goal for what you wish to gain, you'll leave with much more.

Jack

Sent from my iPhone