Ah, the gallon. Oh we actually do not have this size, only in two or
three litres at the maximum as far as I know. And that's not even
milk - I think we had a two-litres version once but people thought it
was too heavy and cumbersome to handle no matter the design. People
usually just buys more single litres instead.

I can understand the dilemma if the demand is for a gallon-sized
container. How European of me not to take this into consideration.
But (an expensive and not particularly environmental-friendly)
pull-out valve might work - it works with wine... :-)