On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Jarod Tang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> from above, we know, design pattern more like a checking/fix skill
> than a stimulation of design,  from my own design experience i also
> find it's true in both software design and interaction design.

Hi Jarod,

That is one approach to using patterns, and no doubt there are those
who abuse patterns.

However, I don't think that some folks' tendency to overengineer and
attribute that to patterns has much to do with the nature or best use of
patterns themselves.  And actually I think patterns may be even more useful
in interface design as they are more akin to patterns in physical
architecture in as much as they are focused on human, experiential aspects
and less on internal implementation details.

--Ambrose