I'd take that motivation up a level!

User goal: to make a movie about their daughter's 5th birthday and not feel
stupid when doing it :)
Need: upload and edit movies on computer
Technological requirement: lots of RAM, fast and big HD, good graphics card.

Tim

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 4:02 AM, John Gibbard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Ok, so there's a fine line between things like 'needs',
> 'features' and so on. Perhaps motivations & needs is better* ...
> moving away from the coffee analogy let's try IT:
>
> Motivation: "I want to edit movies on my computer"
> Need: High RAM & good graphics card
>
> The point is that the Starbucks tool attempts - not entirely though -
> to question the user's taste and likes/dislikes as opposed to
> requiring the user to flick through facets such as geographical
> origin, roast type etc.
>
> Bryan's Camcorder tool does a similar thing but feels a bit more
> 'facety' as it refines the amount of products meeting that
> criteria. It still asks 'natural' customer-orientated questions
> though.
>
> Keep the examples coming ...
>
> John
>

> * (I am seriously at pains to avoid another semantic debate, I think
> those of us subscribed to the IAI list this week are a little
> definition-weary...)

> Posted from the new ixda.org
> http://www.ixda.org/discuss?post=33112

Kei te kōrero tiki au. Kei te kōrero tiki koe. Ka kōrero tiki tāua. Kōrero
ai tiki tāua.